All You Need to Know About NDA Khadakwasla
1. NDA is the first military academy in the world in which three forces – the Army, Navy and Air Force – Defence are trained together.
National Defence Academy
Aniruddha DNA Rajandekar
2. It began operating as Joint Services Wing (JSW) January 1, 1949, at the Military Academy of India (then known as the Armed Forces Academy) in Dehradun before his inauguration as the NDA January 16, 1955. This “migration” is known as Badli operation.
Then and now
3. JSW was housed in barracks where Italian prisoners of war were held during World War II.
4. Money for the construction NDA came from a corpus given by Sudan in 1941, in recognition of the sacrifices of Indian troops in defense of Sudan during the Second World War. That is why the main building block is called on Sudan.
5. Khadakwasla was chosen to host the academy because it is a lake, which has a rugged terrain, proximity to the Arabian Sea, and other former military establishments as an operational airbase.
6. You can catch the running students with heavy backpacks. confused should not be a regular exercise; it could just be a punishment.
7. first individual Olympic medal of the Games in the country, Lieutenant Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is an alumnus of the 77th Course of NDA. He won silver in the shot at the Olympics in Athens in 2004.
Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
8. On 11 January 1949, the first course, consisting of 190 cadets started training. Step-out-Parade for 172 cadets held December 8, 1950.
Distribute First Course Parade
9. NDA was formed as an experiment to see if Aboriginal youth from diverse backgrounds and beliefs could act together in unison after adequate training for long enough.
Cadets practice in NDA
10. khaki is the color of the dress cadets. He was chosen to establish a homogeneous atmosphere.
11. Three students distinguished with NDA Param Vir Chakra, and nine received the Ashoka Chakra.
NDA PVC Winner
12. NDA produced 27 service staff heads to date. Current Staff chiefs of the Army, Navy and Air Force are all former NDA.
Chief of the Army, Navy and Air Force India
Pankaj Nangia / Daily Mail
13. Cadets are awarded a bachelor’s degree (diploma or a Bachelor of Science) after three years of study.
Outgoing NDA parade
R. V. Moorthy / The Hindu
FOR STUDY MATERIALS & BOOKS FOR NDA JUST CLICK HERE:
14. More than 700 cadets from 27 countries together with their counterparts from India in the NDA.
Countries and cadets
15. There are 18 teams divided into five battalions NDA.
16. Twelve Indian states have given about Rs. 5 lakh each for the construction of buildings as a pack. The buildings are named in his honor.
17. Booth Memorial, located within the NDA, was built by cadets between January 1956 and May 1957 in memory of the students who gave their lives for the country.
18. It was decided in the 1950s to replace the “service before self” in the English currency with a version corresponding to Sanskrit. Dharma Seva Parmo ‘became the new slogan.
19. Wing Commander Rakesh Sharma, the first Indian to fly in space, is a graduate of the Academy of National Defence, which he joined as a cadet of the IAF in 1966.
First Indian to fly in space
20. The CND has the distinction of being the alma mater of 271 brave martyrs of India.