Since the interview only lasts for 40-60 mins, every question asked has got to be answered on the spot. Objective of personal Interview In SSB are as follows:
- To check the OLQs of the candidate – OLQs like effective intelligence, power of expression, liveliness, determination, etc. are best checked in personal interview. In interview, the interviewing officer can ask questions on various topics, so the qualities are often easily tested on the spot.
- To check the candidate’s self-confidence – Only if the candidate has self-confidence, can he put across his point in an exceedingly proper manner. Power of expression must be supported with self-confidence for the candidate to do well within the interview.
- To check the power of expression of the candidate – Interview also checks the power of the candidate to convey his/her thoughts in a proper manner. The candidate should be able to convey his/her point in a clear and concise manner.
- To check the candidate’s speed of decision making – Since the interview only lasts for 40-60 mins, every question asked has got to be answered on the spot. Sometimes, various situations can also be presented to the candidate to see their reactions. This helps the interviewing officer to understand the ability of the candidate to take quick and rational decisions.
- To know about the candidate’s personal life – The interviewing officer may ask various questions on the candidate’s personal life including about their family, friends, education, profession, etc. they’re going to also ask questions supported the PIQ submitted by the candidate. It helps them to understand how well the candidate knows about their own life and also their clarity of thoughts.
- To check how aware the candidate is – Interview best helps to check how aware and alert the candidate is about their surroundings, the people they most interact with and also about the current events happening within the country and also the world. By asking questions of varied types, the interviewing officer is easily able to test how well the candidate understands their environment.
- To know about the candidate’s personal life
- To check candidate’s speed of decision making
- To check how aware the candidate is
- To check the power of expression of the candidate
- To check the candidate’s self confidence
- Why is personal interview conducted?
- To check the OLQs of the candidate