Personal Benefits of Joining Indian Air Force, Advantages of Joining IAF
Personal Benefits of Joining the Indian Air Force: Every organization where you work might offer you other benefits apart from your salary, we always like to get something extra from the organization wherever we are spending most of our time working. But, several of us don’t know that defence organization do a lot for their serving and retired personnel that hardly a few private companies do. Here a the list of advantages that serving personnel gets in the Indian air force.
Once you become a part of the Indian Air Force family, you enjoy several facilities and benefits. From housing facilities to free ration, from medical facilities to schools for your children, IAF takes care of all of your needs. You still avail of some of these benefits even when your retirement.
Personal Benefits of Joining the Indian Air Force are as follows:
1. Insurance: All Air Force personnel, together with flight Cadets are provided life insurance cowl below the Air Force insurance theme (AFGIS). Monthly contribution rates are smallest and the insurance policy covers all contingencies. As an Air Force Officer, you’re insured for an amount of Rs fifty lakhs with an extra insurance cover of Rs ten lakhs for pilots.
2. Loans: As a member of AFGIS, you’ll be able to avail the following loans:
• House Building Loan
• Computer Loan
• Conveyance Loan
3. Institute and Messes Membership: Varied institute and mess memberships for serving personnel.
4. School Facilities: Air force schools for teenagers within the air force campus.
5. Rail concessions: Get free and concessions in rail tickets.
6. Medical: All Air Force officers, their families, and dependents have free access to medical rooms and hospitals equipped with the best of facilities. apart from being treated at the armed forces Hospitals, there also are tie-ups with Civil Hospitals for treatment of specialized cases, if required. Patients also are given grants for the purchase of necessary medical instrumentation and mechanical aid to help create them self-reliant.
7. Scholarships: Welfare schemes from AFWWA ( Air Force wives welfare association).
8. Accommodation: Free accommodation for serving personnel of the Indian air force.
9. Leave Annual leave for sixty days and casual leave of twenty days annually.
10. Rations: Ration facility in the Indian air force.
11. Secured Camp Life: Secured air force campus with state of the art security.
12. CSD Facilities: Canteen store department facilities.
13. Sports Facilities: varied sports within air force campus-like, basketball, football, cricket, gym, etc.
14. Academic Opportunities: Once you join the Air Force, you realize that behind all the action and adventure may be a lot of effort towards educational pursuits. From the moment you’re selected, until the time you retire, you’re continuously honing your skills with an oversized number of in-service courses and different academic avenues.
• If you join the Air Force through NDA, you earn yourself a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or computer science.
• The IAF additionally sponsors M. Tech. courses for officers of the Technical Branch, in institutes like IIT and BHU-IT.
• The IAF additionally has tie-ups with universities like IGNOU to facilitate long-distance learning for officers and airmen.
• Study Leave – they’re additionally allowed study leave of up to twenty-four months extendable up to twenty-eight months.