Merchant Navy Entrance Exam: The Merchant Navy is the collective name for the UKs commercial shipping industry and it is composed of many different company in many countries with their own courses and training institutes. The Merchant Navy is a commercial shipping which creates transportation of cargo, petroleum, gas, passenger and many more things in the international water from one country to another country.
Applicant who wants to make career in this field have go through the course which the applicant may select in the basis of his/her eligibility by many of training institutes in India which is held through the Indian Institute of Technology- Joint Entrance Exam (IIT- JEE).The two field in which the applicants are trained and educated are Navigation Science and Marine Engineering. Merchant Navy Entrance Exam…
Courses & Eligibility Criteria:
The courses with their eligibility details for Merchant Navy Entrance Exam are as follows:
- For B.E Marine Engineering the applicant must have passed higher secondary exam with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and English.
- For B.Sc Nautical Science the applicant must have passed higher secondary exam with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and English.
- For M.E Marine Engineering the applicant must have passed B.E Marine Engineering.
- For B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building the applicant must have passed higher secondary exam from a recognized board or university with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and English..
- For B. Tech Marine Engineering applicantmust have passed higher secondary exam or its equivalent from the recognized board or university with 60% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and, Mathematics.
- For Diploma in Nautical Science which guides the applicant to B. Sc must have passed higher secondary exam from the recognized board or university with 55% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and, Mathematics.
- For Deck watch keeper applicant must have passed higher secondary exam from the recognized board or university with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and, Mathematics or Commerce with Mathematics.
- For Pre-Sea Training GP Rating the applicant must have passed in SSC with 40 % marks in English or passed in an ITI course in a Govt. approved institute with 50% marks in final year. A minimum of 40% marks is compulsory in English subject either for class 10thor 12th or any degree/diploma course.
- For MBA Shipping and Logistics the applicant must have any degree from a recognized university.
Some List of Merchant Navy Entrance Exam:
We are giving some knowledge about the leading Institutes that provides courses in Merchant Navy and the Merchant Navy Entrance exam conduct are given below:
1-Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI) it is based in Mumbai the applicant who have a degree in Mechanical Engineering or in Naval Architecture form the recognized Institute can apply to Marine Engineering and Research Institute. The selection of the applicant are based on merit. The admission are held through the Indian Institute of Technology by joint Entrance Exam called IIT-JEE.
2-Training Ship Chanakya also called TS Chanakya is based in Navi Mumbai. The Applicant must have passed the IIT screening Test and age must be at least 20 years to apply in this institute. The admission are held through the Indian Institute of Technology by Joint Entrance Exam JEE.
3-LBS Colleges of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research is based in Mumbai. Applicant must have a minimum qualification of 10th passed with Science and Mathematics. The LBS College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research Centre is a private institute and the applicants selection is based on the policy and regulation of the Indra Gandhi National Open University by OPEN NET- Merchant Navy Entrance Test.
4-Marine Engineering and Research Institute is based in Kolkata. Applicant must have clear the Joint Entrance Exam JEE arrange by the IIT to apply in this institute and the eligibility for this institute is the same as in chanakya. On the basis of marks scored in the JEE-IIT exam the selection and admission procedure are conducted.
After the course are complete with good performance and results in the applicant can join in the Deck Department as an Officer rank like the Master that is also called Captain, the First Officer/First Mate, the Second Officer/Second Mate and the Third Officer/Third Mate etc. Merchant Navy also is known as the commercial navy is always been famous in people more about younger persons. The main reason that attracts the younger people about this profession is money and also about travelling the whole world with different types of people.
Most of the import and export business are mostly depend on merchant navy. It carry good, oils petroleum, gases, passengers and many more things from one country to another country from international seas. Although it is a male oriented profession there is no restriction for females to choose the profession. The life on board in merchant ship is a most unforgettable experience and with excellent facilities for hygienic food and accommodation.
Most of the import and export business are mostly depand on merchant navy. It carry good, oils petroleum, gases, passengers and many more things from one country to another country from international seas. Although it is a male oriented profession there is no restriction for females to choose the profession. The life on board in merchant ship is a most unforgettable experience and with excellent facilities for hygienic food and accommodation.
Merchant Navy gives a very attractive career opportunities and adventurous future that why it is also known as an international career life. As the life of Seafarer will mostly be in the international waters with international facilities and good wages. Merchant Navy also take care of the medical expenses of the seafarer and their family and also sponsor their children education. The salary in merchant navy may be different from each company or from every city as per transportation needs or as per seniority status. Every company has different policies for overtime done in a month. Salary is given in dollars although there are some companies who give their pay in Pounds and Euro.
The reason that makes this profession a good one is of good pay and in terms of conversion of dollars in which country you belong. The salary is also based on how many contracts you have done on these ranks. The ships which are carrying LNG, LPG and Oil containers because of dangerous fact the wages are high in this ships compare to load container, bulk and another type of vessels. Experience also play the main role in salary for eg; A newly appointed captain may have less salary compare to chief officer. Salary is also decided by the company as per nationality of the employee.