Indian Merchant Navy: How to Join, Eligibility – Get All Information Here
Indian Merchant Navy: The opportunity to travel around the world and also the lure of adventure on the high seas, besides the possibility of high remunerations attracts many youngsters to make a career within the Merchant Navy. Merchant Navy is different from the navy within the sense that it offers commercial services, as opposed to the navy, that is largely concerned within the defense of a nation. Merchant Navy is the backbone of international trade, carrying cargo everywhere the world.
The merchant ships use a huge number of workers to carry and deliver goods from one country to another. A career within the merchant navy is considered a glamorous job, especially by the people who are bitten by the travel bug. It offers an opportunity to go to new and exotic places all around the globe. Merchant Navy career isn’t solely monetarily rewarding however also satisfying and quite challenging.
How to Join Merchant Navy after 12th:
After class twelve, you’re eligible to study the subsequent merchant navy courses:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- MIT WPU, Pune | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Bennett University, Noida| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Presidency University, Bangalore | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- UPES, Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Dayananda Sagar College, Bengaluru | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- JECRC University, Gujarat | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.E. Marine Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.E. Electrical Engineering
- B.Sc. Marine Catering
- Electro-Technical Officer Course
How to Join Merchant Navy after 10th:
Merchant navy courses that you will pursue after the tenth include:
- Near Coastal Voyage (NCV)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS)
- Commercial Diving
- G.P. Rating
Indian Merchant Navy Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for joining the merchant navy is finishing class twelve with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Candidates ought to be Unmarried Indian Citizens (male or female).
Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 is also allowed.
After clearing the test, there’s an interview and a medical test.
You also ought to complete a ship-training course prior to employment. The course is usually short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.
Pay Package of Indian Merchant Navy:
In Merchant Navy, the salary will vary from anywhere between Rs.12000 to Rs.8 lakhs per month though the pay structure differs from company to company, city to city, the export-import needs, seniority, etc. All crew members and officers are given free meals on board and senior officers will take on their wives for the voyage.
A Junior Engineer on a ship will earn around Rs. 30,000 per month with free boarding and lodging whereas signed on board the vessel. The next level is of Second Engineer and finally, Chief Engineer on a ship. As you keep obtaining promoted, your pay will increase considerably. It takes regarding 6-7 years for a Junior Engineer Officer to induce promoted to the rank of Chief Engineer, depending on individual capabilities and job opportunities obtainable.
A Third Officer’s pay is around Rs. 50,000 per month and free boarding and lodging while on board. Next levels in increasing order of seniority are Second Officer, a Chief Officer and Captain of a ship. A Captain’s pay package is Rs. 2 lakhs per month or more net of taxes. It takes regarding eight years for a third Officer to induce promoted to the rank of Captain, depending on individual capabilities and also the job opportunities available.
ALSO, READ INDIAN NAVY RECRUITMENT.
Indian Merchant Navy Job Prospects:
There are enormous employment opportunities during this field. Candidates who have finished the basic course in the merchant navy will get jobs terribly simply through numerous consultants and placement agencies. Merchant navy fleet consists of cargo ships, container ships, a barge carrying ships, tankers, bulk carriers, refrigerators ships, passenger ships, additionally as roll off/roll on ships. The chance of finding employment in cargo ships is more as compared to the others.