After a candidate clears the SSB Interview, he/she is predicted to undergo an Indian Army Medical Test held at the medical boards. Solely the candidates who are declared fit by the medical authorities are eligible to join the coaching Academy. But you’ll be able to appeal within the Indian Army Medical Test board again if you’re declared unfit, conjointly temporary rejections are given to candidates who have curable issues like, overweight, underweight, etc.
When any doctor finds some purpose in your medical(no matter however huge the defect is) they don’t provide you with permanent rejection instead they provide you temporary rejection underneath that you’re given a time period of forty-two days to prove your medical fitness in any of the few given command hospitals across the country. That the medical is conducted by 5 totally different specialists.
Medical Examination Procedure:
1. ENT: Ear, Nose, and Throat. They check terribly basic things and a person who has ne’er had any unhealthy expertise can clear it. Hardly anyone is rejected during this.
Common Points of Rejection: Hole in-ear membrane and something with nose bone (one of the guys with me had this though it’s simply treated in a five min surgery).
2. Eye: Common tests for vision and color blindness etc. Sight is checked together with your specs however the facility of your specs ought to be within the permissible limits that are predicated on the type of entry.
Common points of rejection: Color blindness, weak sight.
3. Dental: Normalcheckup, rarely anyone gets rejected. If you’ve got a full grownup set of teeth with no issues you’re good.
Common Points of Rejection: Though if you’re ever suggested to wear braces then you would possibly have a problem. One in each of my seniors was rejected simply because of this.
4. Surgery: Here you may be asked to take off all of your clothes and the surgeon will examine you from bottom to top for knock knees, any previous injuries, deviation of arms, anus, hernia.
Common Points of Rejection: The Permissible limit is fifteen degrees(for boys) however they approve you up to seventeen degrees. This is often the foremost surprising medical purpose people come across as they have no idea regarding this before coming to SSB. Any severe fractures in any piece that resulted in permanent deformation.
5. Medical: Height, weight, chest, BP, ECG (in special cases), etc.
Common Points of rejection: Overweight(very common), heart/BP problems(rare). Chest x-ray for lungs, ultrasound for kidney stone, liver issues, blood test, urine test also are done and results are examined. Hardly something is pointed out in any of these tests. a kidney stone is found typically in some candidates that are extremely much treatable.
FOR STUDY MATERIALS & BOOKS FOR NDA JUST CLICK HERE:
Indian Army Medical Test Details:
- The hearing ought to be normal. A candidate ought to be ready to hear a forced whisper with every ear at a distance of 610 cms. In an exceedingly quiet room. There ought to be no proof of present or past unwellness of the ear, nose, and throat.
- There ought to be no sign of functional or organic unwellness of the heart and blood vessel. Blood pressure ought to be normal.
The muscles of the abdomen ought to be developed and there ought to be no enlargement of liver or spleen. Any proof of disease of internal organs of the abdomen is going to be a cause for rejection.
- Un-operated hernias can build a candidate unfit. If operated, this should are done a minimum of one year before this examination and healing are completed.
- There ought to be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- Urine examination is going to be done and any abnormality, if detected is going to be a cause for rejection.
- Any unwellness of the skin that is probably going to cause disability or disfigurement will be a cause for rejection.
- A candidate ought to be ready to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with every eye with or without glasses. myopia mustn’t be quite more than.5D and hypermetropia no more than 3.5D together with Astigmatism. for girls candidates, the minimum acceptable visual acuity is Distant vision (corrected)better eye 6/6 worse 6/18, the myopia of no more than minus 5.5 together with Astogination.
- A candidate should have a smart binocular vision. The color vision standard is going to be CP-III for Army A candidate ought to be ready to recognize red and green colors.
- Candidates who have undergone laser surgery for correction of refractive error are going to be thought offer commission in the Army if they fulfill the following criteria :
Age for more than twenty years.
A healthy retina.
Corrected vision ought to be 6/6 in the higher eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with most residual refraction of + one.50 in any meridian for shortsightedness or long-sightedness.
Axial length within permissible limits.