How to Join Indian Merchant Navy after 10th/12th. How do I join the Indian merchant navy in India after completing class 12th STD and after class 10th STD and what are their courses and about pay scale.
For connecting Indian merchant navy Eligibility required is to complete the higher secondary class with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Applicants must be an Indian citizen and unmarried (male or female).
- Applicants’ eye vision must be normal but up to + or – 2.5 number can be allowed.
- For admission, the Applicant will have to go through an entrance screening test and written
- Applicants will have to go through an interview and medical test after the examination.
- Applicants will also have to complete a course of ship-training according to his work. It is a short term course about teaching the applicant’s security concerns about sailing and traveling.
- Some private institutes arrange training for the merchant navy and prepare Applicants for deck cadets and marine engineering jobs.
How to Join Indian Merchant Navy After 12th:
After completing higher secondary candidates are eligible to go merchant navy courses such as:
- Sc. Nautical Science
- E. Marine Engineering
- E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- E. Petroleum Engineering
- E. Mechanical Engineering
- E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- E. Civil Engineering
- E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Sc. Marine Catering
- Electro-Technical Officer Course
How to Join Merchant Navy After 10th:
After completing 10th applicants are eligible to go merchant navy courses such as:
- Near Coastal Voyage (NCV)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS)
- Commercial Diving
- P. Rating
Merchant Navy Job Prospects:
Many job opportunities are there in the field of the merchant navy. Applicants who have completed merchant navy basic courses get jobs quickly by many placements agencies and consultants. There are high chances for employment in cargo ships as compared to the others. Merchant Navy fleet consists of cargo ships, container ships, a barge carrying ships, tankers, bulk carriers, refrigerators ships, passenger ships, as well as roll-off/roll on ships.
To run and maintain the ships trained people are required in the company who run the merchant ships. Some of these companies are Chevron and Mobil of USA, Wallem Ship Management of Hong Kong, Denholm of UK, K-Line, Bibby Ship Management, d’Amico, etc. India too has its shipping companies, such as the Shipping Corporation of India, Great Eastern Shipping, Essar and Chowgule Shipping. Trained people are required for the three main departments of the ship: the deck, the engine, and the service department.
In India, job opportunities are also available in government and private shipping companies like Shipping Corporation of India, clearinghouses, del credere agents, etc. How to Join Indian Merchant Navy after 10th/12th.
Merchant Navy job profiles:
- Deck officer (navigation officer)
- Electro-technical officer (ETO)
- Ratings – Ratings are skilled seafarers who help all the officers with daily tasks
- Catering & Hospitality crew (pursers, stewards, chef, housekeeper, etc.)
Merchant Navy Pay Package:
The salary in the merchant navy may be different from each company or every city as per transportation needs or as per seniority status. Though the pay can be calculated anywhere between Rs,12000 to 8 lakhs per month. Senior officers are also allowed to take their wives for sailing with them, and all officers and crew members are also given free meals on board by the company.
Applicants appointed as an engineer are of different statuses such as junior engineer, second engineer, and chief engineer. Junior engineer can get around Rs,30000 per month attach with free boarding and lodging, as you keep promoting the salary increases with the applicant’s promotion. It takes at least seven years for junior engineers to promoted to become chief engineers. A chief engineer can get around Rs,1.5 lakhs per month or more depend on his capabilities and opportunities available.
Applicants appointed as an officer are of different statuses such as third officer, second officer, chief officer and captain of the ship. The third officer can get around Rs,50,000 per month attach with free boarding and lodging, as you keep promoting the salary increases with the officer’s promotion. It takes at least eight years for the third officer to promoted to become captain of the ship depending on his capabilities and opportunities available on how to join the Indian merchant navy after 10th/12th.
Applicants who have chosen their future for merchant navy their life can be adventurous to see the whole world and also with paid opportunities, besides all these things imported liquors foods cosmetics and many more things are also available free on board duty. They are also eligible for four months to leave every year.